Overview | Kinesiology, Athletics, and Dance | Cañada CollegeMain ContentSection Title
The Cañada Athletics Department promotes excellence in athletics and prepares leaders for tomorrow by providing an excellent environment to enable student-athletes to achieve their highest academic, athletic, and personal aspirations.
Cañada College competes as a member of the Coast Conference in baseball, women’s soccer, men’s soccer, women’s volleyball, men’s golf, and basketball, and in the Big 8 Conference in women’s golf. A wide variety of activity courses are offered that are designed for lifetime enhancement of fitness, recreation and leisure time.
In order to be eligible to participate in varsity athletics, a student must adhere to the California State Athletic Code and Coast Conference eligibility rules and regulations in accordance to the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) Constitution and Bylaws. Questions regarding eligibility should be addressed to the Interim Athletic Director Matt Lee, (650) 306-3341.
Congratulations Coach Garcia on your retirement and 36 years of service!
2019 Student Athlete Graduates:
Congratulations to our transferring student athletes!
- Men’s Soccer:
- Ronaldo Acosta – Dakota Wesleyan Univ, Alex Chernikov – UC Davis, Andy Arreguin-Diaz – SJSU, Jorge Lopez – SJSU, Richard Molina – Simpson Univ, Raul Rangel – SJSU,
- Women’s Soccer:
- Emma Andreini – Emmanuel College, Boston, Zoe Bell- Menlo College, Izzie Bascara – Santa Clara Univ, Olivia Jantunen – Dakota Wesleyan Univ, OliviaKearns -Sonoma State Univ., Ashlen Kelley – SJSU, Hannah Plackowski- UC Santa Barbara
- Women’s Volleyball:
- Danielle Barsi – SJSU, Dalia Harara – SJSU, Brooke Kreiger – Univ Nevada Reno, Tori Miranda – UCLA, Anmol Sharma- Santa Clara Univ.
- Men’s Basketball:
- RJ Arciaga – Pacific Union College, Joshua Blueford – Notre Dame de Namur Univ., Kaden Bradley – CSU Dominguez Hills, Sean Orr – SFSU, Lovevelle Shackleford -Notre Dame de Namur Univ.
- Women’s Tennis:
- Ima Mo Meng – UCSB
- Brandon Donnely – CSUEB, Chris Fung – UC San Diego, Jesser Hernandez- Clark Univ., Josh Jesperson – Bellevue Univ, Nate Loveless – Menlo College, Jerame Morales – Menlo College, Sergio Noriega – Menlo College, Chis Zaldana- Fresno State Univ.
Equity and Title IX
“No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance” (20 U.S.C. §1681)
For more information on sexual misconduct, harassment, equity, and Title IX, please click here.
Cañada College Statement of Compliance
Game Management Guide
Back to Top